The perfect way to warm up!
This soup is delicious, filling and easy to make! what more could you want….
Recipe taken from Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food:
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 medium onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 800g Sweet potato (or butternut squash)
- 200g of chorizo sausage
- a small bunch of fresh parsley
- olive oil
- 1 heaped teaspoon curry powder
- 2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh red chilli
How to make:
- peel and roughly slice the carrots and onions. Slice the celery, and peel and chop the sweet potato
- slice the chorizo
- finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks
- place a large pan on high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- add all your chopped and sliced ingredients with the curry powder and mix together with a wooden spoon
- cook for around 10 minutes with the lid askew, until the carrots have softened but are still holding their shape, and the onion is lightly golden
- put the stock cubes into a jug or pan and pour in 1.8 litres of boiling water from the kettle
- stir until the stock cubes are dissolved, then add to the vegetables
- give the soup a good stir and bring to the boil.
- reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
- season with salt and pepper
- using a hand blender or liquidiser, pulse the soup until smooth and scatter over a little finely chopped chilli
This soup is perfect for lunch and because it is so filling there is no need to add bread as a side. I like to make a huge vat of this and then freeze it so that i can enjoy the soup all week! It’s a really simple, cheap and healthy way to eat well when you have a busy schedule.
Let me know if you enjoy it!